Sunday 29 January 2012

Unknown Window Project



This was taken impulsively on a lone wet walk up the hill after visiting the 'Our Summer' exhibition, some inglorious December evening. Visitors will surely know by now that I can't unflinchingly walk by a lit window. Those pitiful little jumps won't be helped.

The music is Yann Tiersen's 'L'Etai' from the lovely album Tout Est Calme. It fits not seamlessly, in the way that they were not each made with the other in mind. I didn't shoot to put images to the music and vice versa, rather the sort of sad foreboding feeling seemed appropriate, certainly with those little stringed, almost hopeful lines, somehow.

As with most of the Other things I've forced together, it is not brilliantly or even lucidly thought out, if not only for the fact that it does not need to be.

I'm hoping not to sound self-important, I just don't think there has to be an explanatory guideline to everything ever.

(I am also not overtly technologically capable, patient, or indeed that enthusiastic in these exercises as a whole, they are merely that, an exercise, though I'm not fast to dismiss an occasional lifting of a brow or lip corner, an almost imperceptible nod)

No comments:

Post a Comment